SEAL OF GOOD LOCAL GOVERNANCE (SGLG) and the GRAND SLAM CHAMPIONS (3-time Champions of Good Governance)
Out of 1, 682 assessed LGUs, Only 263 substantially met the 2018 SGLG Criteria, and LGU BALUNGAO is one of them.
We powered the ALL-IN criteria of the DILG and met all the parameters of GOOD GOVERNANCE. This is the DILG’s story of the SGLG… this is also our story.
1. FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION: Fostering transparency and accountability;
2. DISASTER PREPAREDNESS: Preparing for challenges posed by disasters;
3. SOCIAL PROTECTION: Broadening access to social services especially the marginalized and most vulnerable in the community;
4. PEACE and ORDER: Protecting the community from threats to life and security;
5. BUSINESS FRIENDLINESS and COMPETITIVENESS: Attracting more businesses for investments and employment;
6. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION: Upholding the integrity of the environment;
7. TOURISM, CULTURE and the ARTS: Optimizing tourism potential, and enriching cultural heritage and community.