EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 01
Series of 2010
DESIGNATION OF THE LOCAL ECONOMIC AND INVESTMENT OFFICER
WHEREAS, the local government should play as active role in attracting more investments by providing an enabling environment that will generate and enhance economic activities.
WHEREAS, in his State of the Nation Address last July 26, 2010, His Excellency, President Benigno S. Aquino, III declared that creating jobs is foremost in his agenda.
WHEREAS, DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2010-113 dated October 13, 2010 provides for the designation of Local Economic and Investment Officer.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, PHILIPP G. PERALTA, Municipal Mayor of Balungao, Pangasinan, by virtue vested in me by law, do hereby designate ENGR. GLACE L. OSOTEO, MPDC, as the Local Economic and Investment Officer.
Section I. Functions
1. Facilitate the preparation, coordination and execution of local economic and investment promotion policies, projects and activities of the municipalities;
2. Facilitate the establishment of an aggressive, systematic, coordinated, sustained promotion and marketing of the LGU as investment location.
3. Provides basic information about business potentials of the LGU including LGU services to prospective investors to attract more investments to flow in the community;
4. Establish a local economic database containing relevant facts and figures;
5. Coordinate with other offices in the promotion of economic activities such as the Planning and Development Treasury and Budget Offices and the local sanggunian;
6. Coordinate with the private sector in investment Promotions campaigns; and
7. Conduct information dissemination or local government policies.
Section 2. Effectivity
This Executive Orders shall take effect immediately.
Done in the Municipality of Balungao, Pangasinan this 4th day of November, in the Year of Our Lord, Two Thousand Ten.
PHILIPP G. PERALTA